HELP WANTED: Director of Apprenticeship & Training
The International Union of Operating Engineers Local 49 and Associated General Contractors of Minnesota Apprenticeship and Training Fund of Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota, (“Training Fund”) seek resumes and applications for its Apprenticeship Program located in Hinckley, Minnesota for the position of:
DIRECTOR of APPRENTICESHIP & TRAINING
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Apprenticeship manages all aspects of the Apprenticeship Program in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Trustees. The Program includes a State of Minnesota approved apprenticeship program and a State of North and South Dakota approved apprenticeship program.
The Director is responsible for the Program’s compliance with the approved Apprenticeship Standards, manages and oversees Apprenticeship staff, works with the Training staff to develop curriculum, schedule classes and develops and implements a strategic plan to expand participation in the Apprenticeship Program.
The Director of Apprenticeship will work closely with Union Members, Apprentices and Contractors, and Training Center staff.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Administer the apprenticeship standards as established, ensuring compliance with all applicable requirements as established by the State of Minnesota and North and South Dakota for apprenticeship programs.
- Work with the Apprenticeship staff and Training Center staff to improve and develop new training and courses for the apprenticeship program and Union Members
- Develop Program materials and Apprentice communications
- Participate in contractor visits and outreach programs including trade organizations, safety development programs, and job / career fairs
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written communication skills necessary for professional communications
- Education and experience in training, education and/or related fields
- Construction industry and union background or affiliation preferred
- Travel and some overnight stays required
- Primary reporting and work location: Cloverdale, MN
Final candidate interviews scheduled April 23rd through April 25th, 2012 in Hinckley
Competitive salary and benefit package provided.
REPORTS TO: Board of Trustees
Please contact Pat Bloomquist at the Local 49 Training Center via either email email@example.com or regular mail at:
IUOE Local 49 Training Center
40276 Fishtail Road
Hinckley, MN 55037
Resumes accepted thru April 15th, 2012
Equal Opportunity Employer